Hello, my name is Norm Duncan, and I am a digital immigrant. I have been following blogs and reading blogs for some time now, but I have rarely commented and never written one myself. Thanks to the prodding of my good friend, I am now sticking my toe into the pool.
I am a church planter in Wichita, KS. We plan to launch True Life Church in September of this year. This is the second church plant that I have led and the third that I have been a part of starting. Our church plant in Woodinville (Seattle), WA was one of the most rewarding things that we have ever done and the relationships that were forged there will last a lifetime. I have been married to Kim for 15 years (she is an amazing woman). Together, we have three beautiful children: Brennen (11), Cameren (10), and Sydney (4). Currently, I am working on a PhD in Leadership through Dallas Baptist University.
When we discussed the possible names of a blog, we considered many, but settled on nextgengospel (totally the genius of Jonathan). As I considered the title, I thought of all the ways that it could be misconstrued. We are not looking to redefine the gospel in such a way that makes it more appealing to a new generation of seekers. However, we hope to discuss the gospel, which has remained unchanged throught the history of the church, in ways that illuminate it. We want to proclaim old truth to new people so that in some way our desire for God is increased.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment